A makeup artist can make money in a number of ways, including working freelance, working in a salon, or working as an educator. They may also work as a product representative, or in film, theatre, or television.
Category:Arts & Entertainment
A makeup artist can make an average of $32,000 per year.
There are a few things that are helpful to have before starting a makeup artist business, like a cosmetology license and experience in the industry. Knowing the ins and outs of makeup products and application techniques is important too. Strong marketing and business skills will come in handy for promoting and selling services.
As a makeup artist, you should be aware of the potential risks of skin reactions, contracting infections, and being exposed to harmful chemicals. Most clients will not have any serious problems, but it is important to take proper precautions.
📋Places to Start
1. Ziprecruiter — a website where you can post your resume and search for jobs. You can also search for jobs by location and industry. Makeup artists can use Ziprecruiter to find jobs in the makeup industry.
2. Simplyhired — a website that helps you find makeup artist jobs in your area. You can also use the site to research salaries and compare reviews for different makeup artist jobs.
3. Fiverr — a platform where people can offer their services for $5. Makeup artists can use this platform to find clients and make some extra money.
4. Upwork — a website that helps people find work and make money. Makeup artists can use Upwork to find clients and make money.
5. Theknot — a website that helps people find makeup artists for their wedding day. People can also earn money by becoming a makeup artist themselves and providing services through Theknot.
6. Wedding Wire — a website where people can search for and book makeup artists for their wedding. You can make money with makeup artist by creating a profile on Wedding Wire and then getting booked by people who are looking for a makeup artist for their wedding.