Sports officials play an important role in ensuring competitions are conducted safely and fairly. Key qualities for officials include integrity, honesty, trustworthiness and respect.
The average salary for a sports official is $30,000 per year.
Requirements for officials vary depending on the sport and level of competition. In general, officials need to know the sport's rules, have good eyesight and good judgment. Some positions may require a written or physical examination.
There are a few potential risks to making money with sports officiating. The first is that you may not be able to find steady work. The second is that you may not be able to make a living wage. The third is that you may face discrimination and/or harassment.
📋Places to Start
1. Indeed — a search engine for jobs that includes Sports Officiating in the search results. You can make money with Sports Officiating by becoming an official for a sports team or league.
2. Ziprecruiter — a website that helps you find jobs in your area. You can search for jobs by zip code and radius. You can also find officiating jobs on Ziprecruiter.
3. Sportsreferee — a website that helps sports officials make money by providing information on officiating, training, and booking games.
4. Officialsgearup — a website that helps sports officials make money by providing training and resources.
5. Referee-association — a website that helps sports officials find referee clinics, training materials, and jobs. It also offers a directory of officials, to help those looking to hire an official for their event.
6. Sportsofficials — a website dedicated to helping sports officials make money by providing tips, tricks, and resources.
7. Sportreferee.net — a website that helps sports officials make money by providing officiating opportunities and information on how to improve officiating skills.